Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tonalist Revival

Greetings from New Zealand. I am an American Artist currently living and painting in New Zealand who paints in a Tonalist mode. My paintings can be viewed at my website here .

The purpose of this blog is to explore Tonalism both in my work and that of those who came before me. Artists like Corot, George Inness, Charles Warren Eaton and many others will be explored and discussed.

My aim is to post daily for at least a year. I will be posting lots of my art as well as various other artists work that I've discovered.

Tonalism is about a poetic interpretation of the emotive response we have to nature. It's about using the landscape and paint to convey emotion through the picture plain and into the mind and heart of the viewer. It is much more than a "tone" or any color effect or style. Tonalism is often a bit diffused but it is not about that either. I intend to use this space to advertise, expand on and promote Tonalism both traditional and modern.

No comments:

Post a Comment