Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Good Insight into Tonalist Technique

I'm working on an exciting project (stay tuned here) that entails researching tonalist art. 

Dawn Over the Meadow (8"x8") by M Francis McCarthy
I found this fascinating link from a conservators viewpoint that discusses Tonalist technique versus Impressionist technique and how paintings done over a hundred years ago have survived the various different approaches used.

Cheers,

A bit about "Dawn Over the Meadow". This painting was done recently. For me the focus is on the colorful sky. I'm quite happy with the way the trees in this painting came out. Believe it or not, even after doing hundreds of paintings trees can still present challenges. This painting is currently in my studio and had received some good comments from visitors.There is lots more of work on my website: http://landscapepainter.co.nz/

No comments:

Post a Comment